Student Insurance Switzerland
Swiss Studies insurance is a perfect solution for any foreign student planning to study in Switzerland. Our plan is available for undergraduate and postgraduate students, visiting scholars, interns, trainees and au pairs.
By choosing Evasan, you are getting insurance policy that complies with the basic Swiss Health Insurance Act (KVG-LAMal) which is mandatory for every person with a Swiss domicile.
We are a company authorised by the Swiss Financial Market Supervisory (FINMA) striving to deliver maximum security to our customers.
You can take a look at the sections below to learn more about our Swiss Studies insurance plan or you can click the red tab and fill out the application form now.
BE SURE TO BE INSURED WHEREVER YOU ARE IN THE WORLD
- No medical queries
- A single dedicated contact person for all your questions
- A 24h/7d helpline in 6 languages
- Your claim processed within 48h and direct billing with the medical providers
- A worldwide health and assistance coverage
WHAT ARE THE ADVANTAGES OF SWISS STUDIES INSURANCE PLAN?
- Whatever your request (medical or assistance) we are available for you 24H/24, 364D/364 and can answer in 7 different languages
- Healthcare without medical questionnaire, is compliant with the Swiss cantonal and federal laws
- Swiss Studies insurance policy is fully compliant with the Swiss compulsory health insurance product
- Swiss Studies insurance policy includes a worldwide assistance and repatriation cover
- Direct payments services of prescribes drugs in Switzerland and direct settlement of hospital bills worldwide
- Your claim processed within 48H
- You can pay your premium either annually, half-yearly, quarterly or monthly according to your ressources
- An optical coverage up to CHF 350.- / three years
|Overview of the benefits provided||Extent of cover|
|Treatment in hospital (inpatient care)||100%|
|Emergency dental treatment after accident||80%|
|X-ray and laboratory costs||100%|
|Medication and remedy||100%|
|Physiotherapy, logopedics and orthoptics||CHF 1.000|
|Preventive and prophylactic treatment||CHF 2.000|
|Costs for medical transport||CHF 2.000|
|Alternative medication||CHF 1.000|
|List of benefits - Assistance (per case)||Max. expenses but according to insurance policy|
|Search and rescue measures||CHF 20.000|
|Evacuation/transfer and repatriation||CHF 100.000|
|Repatriation of mortal remains||CHF 15.000|
|Medical assistance, medical diagnosis per telephone, recommendation of local specialist doctors, dispatch of medication and urgent messages||Effective expenditures|
|Evacuation/transfer and repatriation of other persons involved in the same case||Effective expenditures|
|Transport of a next of kin||Return flight ticket|
In case of questions and communications
Who is eligible for Swiss Studies?
- Bachelor, Master
- Au pair
- Exchange student
- Student's spouse and children
- Research student
When does my insurance start?
Your Swiss Studies insurance starts as soon as we receive the first premium payment.
How much does the health and assistance insurance Swiss Studies cost?
|Premium per month* - Less than 28 years||from CHF 75|
|Premium per month* - From 28 to 35 Years (incl.)||from CHF 90|
|Maximum coverage for health and assistance during the insured's life||Unlimited|
|Medical practitioner fees||100%|
|Medical and surgical hospitalisation||100% of the costs|
|Prescribed glasses and contact lenses||CHF 350 / 3years|
|Dental care||75% in case of accident|
|Parental presence in case of hospitalisation over 7 days||100% of transport fees (Eco. Return ticket)|
|Theft of ID documents||Covering of additional cost|
*based on the premium payment in one time
Telephonic assistance facilities and intervention team comprising doctors, technicians and operators provided by Evasan to their clients and (within the frame of this contract) to those of the RVS 24/7. In case of any imminent or declared incident all insured have the obligation to contact immediately the Alarm Centre in order to notify the insurer.
1. The effective duration of the insured person’s sojourn. Each period of cover has to be within the duration of the contract, i.e. the beginning and the end have to be included in the duration of this cover. The exact date of the beginning is laid down in the policy
2. As to the insurance cover for travel assistance, the duration of the actual cover cannot last for more than 90 consecutive days.
The unintentional damagable event that occurs within the period of cover and under the conditions specified in the policy and which causes the insurer to fulfill his obligation to provide his services to the insured claimant within the legal and contractual constraints.
1. A risk materialises and is considered a case for the health in- surance coverage when due to illness or accident the necessity arises to grant medical care or treatment.
2. The risk comes into effect when the medical treatment com- mences and it ends, as soon as the indispensable medical re- sults show that further treatment is no longer necessary.
3. Should the treatment be extended to an illness or the con- sequences of an accident and is in no causal relationship to the incident occurred, the claim will be considered a new one.
4. Also covered is the maternity care comprising consultations, treatment and medical examinations directly related to the pregnancy and made before, during, and after the birth. Ambulatory medical exams that are prescribed by law for targeted diagnostical purposes are also assimilated to a claim.
Any damaging, sudden, unforeseeable and involuntary injury affecting the human body that is caused by a violent and external source which affects the physical health of the insured party and can be identified objectively.
Any unintended negative change in health that requires profes- sional examination, treatment or medical care and which is not due to an accident or a pre-existing condition.
1. Any change in health, disease, illness or infirmity, be it physical or psychological that objectively existed prior to the signature of the insurance contract and whose manifestation, consequences or complications require treatment, professional examination, tests or a medical intervention during the period of cover by the insurance.
2. It is therefore strongly recommended that travellers undergo a thorough medical check-up at their own expense prior to take an insurance policy and to undertaking the voyage.
1. Admission to a hospital establishment for medical intervention for a period of at least 24 hours.
2. A hospital establishment comprises clinics and medical units that are managed by doctors and medical staff and serve without exception sick people and people having had an accident
3. Not comprised are wellness hotels and thermal baths, establishments for elderly people and chronically-ill as well as socialmedical and similar establishments which are not suited for the treatment of acute illness.
4. Thermal and cure resorts are establishments that are officially recognized thermal baths/resorts. They are run as well as placed under the surveillance of a physician.
The place where the insured party is taken following an incident in view to preparing for transfer or repatriation.
- Person to be insured / Insurance taker
Your submission was successful!
SOS Evasan personel will contact you for additonal information.
The whole Evasan team thanks you for trusting us!
In case of emergency you can contact us anytime on the following number: +41(0) 22 929 52 52.
If you need further information or if you have questions, do not hesitate to call us: +41(0) 22 929 52 51.
Please rate us here. We'd love to hear your feedback!
For any oral or written questions or communications independent of the insurer or of the benefits going along with this product, its purchase, its terms of conditions and its application our MOBILITY HELPDESK will be at your entire disposal and will, if deemed necessary, refer you to a specialized and competent service:
- Telephone: + 41 22 929 52 51 Fax: + 41 22 929 52 55;
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Address: c/o SOS Evasan SA, Rte de l’Etraz 12 C, PO Box 5, CH- 1267 Vich